UPM Graduate, Operations Biochemicals (Germany)
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Graduate, Operations to join our UPM Biochemicals team in Leuna, Lappeenranta and other locations. Home location of the position will be in Leuna, Germany.
The UPM Graduate Programme gives your career a whirlwind start with many opportunities for the future development. During the programme you gain an international work experience and develop your skills to a new level. Experienced and inspiring UPM manager mentors provide coaching for the trainees throughout the programme. At UPM, we are inspired by the limitless opportunities of bioeconomy and constantly innovating for new renewable and responsible solutions. Read more at www.upm.com/graduate and join us on this exciting path!
Greetings from your future manager
“We are building in Leuna the world's most advanced biorefinery and extract biochemicals from sustainably managed hardwood to produce recyclable materials. We would like to recruit talented new colleagues for this new future-oriented business area, who can develop in a rapidly developing work environment and see this as an opportunity and a challenge. UPM invests in the sustainable chemistry of tomorrow and in you too.” – Matthias Schleicher, Director Operations, UPM Biochemicals Leuna
What you will do
- During your graduate path you will work primarily in Start-up and Commissioning Team of our new and innovative UPM Biochemicals Plant
- You will get to know all related processes and can leave a footprint for a Future beyond Fossils
- You will also support implementation and continuous improvement of operational processes and learn how operations works
- You will be part of our international UPM Biochemicals team.
Who you are
- You have a relevant University degree, preferably Master’s Degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Management or similar
- You are ready to work in a continuously changing international environment and have willingness to take initiative and challenges
- You have high motivation and excellent team working skills, even if you are also able to work independently
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and writing)
- You are fluent both in spoken and written English and German
- You are flexible and ready to travel and relocate for extended periods.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: With our innovative solutions we shape a Future beyond Fossils, therefore we are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
Please note that if the international circumstances allow, the UPM Graduate Programme will send you for assignments in other UPM locations. The UPM Graduate Programme is a paid internship.
For further information about the position, please contact Matthias Schleicher, Director, Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in this position? Send your application via the link and attach your CV and cover letter latest by January 31st, 2023.
For support with submitting your application or questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that we will go through the applications already during the application period and we might invite candidates for interviews before the end of the application time.
UPM Biochemicals offers innovative, sustainable and competitive wood-based biochemicals for replacing fossil-based raw materials and improving the environmental performance in various applications. End-use segments for renewable glycols include textiles, PET bottles, packaging, coolants, composites, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and detergents. Lignin-based Renewable Functional Fillers (RFF) offer a sustainable alternative to carbon black and precipitated silica in a broad range of rubber and plastic applications. UPM is building an industrial scale biorefinery in Leuna, Germany to convert solid wood into next generation biochemicals.